The Swim Academy teaches children of ages 6 upwards to improve their basic swimming technique and confidence in a fun and friendly way.
Our lessons start at Stage 5 of the National Plan for Teaching Swimming. Once swimmers graduate from the Swim Academy, they can seamlessly progress to our swimming squads. Families can choose from swimming at the places and times given on the Training Times page.
Benefits of our Academy
- Range of different locations across Bristol: Badminton School, Henbury Leisure Centre and St Mary Redcliffe Swimming Pool.
- Enthusiastic and experienced Swim England qualified teachers and coaches who enjoy delivering fun swimming lessons.
- Select either one or two sessions a week to make rapid progress.
- Supportive yet aspirational environment where swimmers can blossom into confident swimmers. Many of our Swim Academy swimmers go on to achieve highly as competitive swimmers or others maintain their swimming for enjoyment and fitness.
- We work through the Swim England National Plan for Teaching Swimming, include distance badge sessions, content on water safety, diving, and the skills needed to be competitive swimmer.
- Swimmers can enter the annual Bristol Penguin Club Championships and take part in fun novice galas.
- Our community club runs social events including Christmas and summer parties.
- Start your swimming club journey with Swim England’s Club of the Year for 2019-2020.