About the Masters Squad
We have a thriving masters squad at Bristol Penguins which is overseen by our masters coach, John Ferguson. We train for 45 weeks of the year, with a four week break in August, two weeks at Christmas and one at Easter. In the summer we also do some open water swimming at Cromhall – normally Sunday mornings.
All five sessions are coached, and we usually cover a distance of 2-3km in a session (sometimes this is high-intensity, sometimes distance work, and sometimes drill/technique work). Our masters swimmers are both competitive and non-competitive. Masters swimmers can choose to swim from two to five times per week.
There is an annual membership fee of approximately £35 per year, which includes Swim England registration etc.
We have two competitive Masters squads (Masters Competitive A and B) with members attending three or more sessions a week. Another option is the Masters squad where swimmers can choose to attend 1, 2 or 3 sessions a week.
We offer several different types of membership, with fees as follows:
- Masters Competitive: £46 per month. Access to three dedicated sessions per week.
- Masters: £27 per month. Access to one session per week.
- Masters: £34.50 per month. Access to two sessions per week.
- Masters: £42.50 per month. Access to three sessions per week.
- Student: £106 per year, entitling you to train at three sessions per week during the university holidays.
How to Join
If you would like to join our masters squad or would like to find out more, email Joel Howard